WAO MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
To promote and create respect, protection and fulfillment of equal rights for women. To work towards the elimination of discrimination against women, and to bring about equality between women and men.
- To provide on request to women and their children suffering from mental, physical and sexual abuse, temporary refuge services that empower and enable them to determine their own future.
- To offer emotional and social support to any women who request for it, resident or otherwise, and offer support and after-care.
- To undertake and encourage research into any of the factors that contribute to the inequality and subordination of women.
- To undertake and advocate with government and non-government organisations the eradication of factors that contribute to the inequality and subordination of women through law, policy and institutional reforms.
- To create an awareness and better understanding among individuals, public and relevant agencies on the issues of violence against women and the underlying inequalities.